Naz Rahbar was born in Tehran, Iran, January of 1983. She immigrated to Canada at the age of 13. Naz completed her Fine arts Degree at OCAD university, with a major in drawing and painting and a minor in Printmaking. She is currently and working in Toronto Canada.
BFA 2009 OCAD
Major: Drawing and Painting
Minor: Print Making
Instructor of “Art and creativity for Preschool and School age Teachers” workshop, Oct 2009.
As a part of the “The Joy of childhood” conference, hosted by the childcare committee of York Region. A one-hour lecture followed by 30 minutes of hands on activities for teachers, on art in the classroom, and how to be more creative teachers.
• Research on art education
• Teaching and organizing the workshop on art, creativity and the importance of art education for preschool to school age teachers
Instructor of “Art in the Preschool Classroom” workshop, May 2009
Child Care Professional Development of York Region
• Researching materials
• Teaching and Organizing the workshop, on art and creativity in the preschool classroom for teachers
Arstsarama, March 2010 to present.
Teacher administrator – supervising and leading 8 instructors of art based afterschool programs.
• Approving and revising class outlines
• Revising proper teaching equipment and supplies
• Advising teachers
• Improving programs
• Revising and editing letters
• Assisting in the research and development of age-appropriate arts programming for school-aged children
Artsarama, Oct 2009 to March 2010.
Instructor - Art based after school programs (such as cartooning and puppet-
masters) at several schools, from grade 1-4; and research for program development.
• Writing lesson plans for specific age groups and time periods
• Gathering and organizing of materials
• Being in charge of classes of 3-12 students
• Organizing final class shows/exhibitions
• Researching program development
Children’s Summer Art camp, 2007 to present
Instructor – Began as summer camp classes, went well into the school year and currently still active but with private lessons.
• Transformed the basement of my home into a studio and classroom environment for kids
• Taught to students from ages 7-12
• Organized Indoor and outdoor creative activities
• Managed weekly Drawing and Painting lessons
Kids Come First Child Care Centre, 2005-present
Instructor of Arts and Crafts Workshops - Teaching and Organizing Art and Crafts Workshops at five different Kids Come First school locations, in after school programs for students from ages 6-12, as well as preschool kids
• Organizing time and space for creative activities for a short amount of time
• Preparing and planning for specific age groups
• Encouraging the student’s creativity
Kids Come First Child Care Centre, 2004-present
Supply Staff and Teaching Assistant – before and after school programs as well as Preschool
• Supervised classrooms of 20-30 children ages 2-13
• Organized indoor and outdoor activities
• Organized weekly Arts and Crafts activities
• Showcased the work made by the students
• Worked as a team with other teachers and supervisors
2008 Book Arts Fair, 24th annual book arts fair at OCAD, Toronto Ontario
2008 Square Foot show, AWOL Gallery, Toronto, Ontario
2007 Square Foot show, AWOL Gallery, Toronto, Ontario
2006 Square Foot show, AWOL Gallery, Toronto, Ontario
2006 what little girls are made of, Freedom Clothing, Toronto, Ontario
2 Person Exhibitions:
2007 Maryam Keyhani and Naz Rahbar, Katharine Mulharin Gallery, Toronto Ontario
2004 Naz and Ian, transforming the Crown of Jewels Salon, Toronto, Ontario
2003 Velvet Fuse Arts, Cat’s Coffee, Richmond Hill, Ontario
2010 Album cover for “scattered sessions” by Sahand Rahbar
2010 Album cover for the music of Sahand Rahbar, written for “Proximity Spiral,” a dance by Stefanie Nelson
2009 Cover of issue #19 don’t touch me. An anthology of alternative comics.